Monday, November 26, 2012

FAMILY LUVIN'

Even though we got to do tons of amazing things during our week in Tahoe, the best part for me and my pups was spending lots of time with the family. Though Kaya and Norman see lots of people every day on our hikes and outings, plus my friends and brother, still most of the their time is spent with just me. So I could only assume that they would be thrilled to spend a week in a house with my parents, my brother, my sister-in-law and my cousin. They definitely made the most of it, dishing out kisses, cuddles and play time every chance they got.



It was the first time for everyone apart from my parents to meet the dogs so I was really excited! My brother became a huge fan of using the chuck-it to launch Kaya's ball as far as humanly possible.



My cousin loved swimming with them and taking their pictures with her waterproof camera!


And my sister-in-law was probably my favorite because she admitted before we got there that she had never been around pit bulls before and was nervous. She wondered if she was supposed to act differently around them or expect something different. Though as soon as they hopped out of the car, she was surprised that they were very normal and sweet. She was quick to join the Norman fan-club and took hold of his leash everywhere we went. She couldn't get enough of his kisses no matter how invasive he was:/


Also, she brought her SLR camera and took some cool shots of the dogs!


And I can't forget my dad with his buddy, Norman:)

7 comments:

  1. The dogs were a hit! And, you have converted someone to the love of pittie pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Of course your pups would be a hit - they seem super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only concern was their somewhat overbearing friendliness. They're not the type of dogs that would just sit around and you forget they're around:)

      Delete
  3. It's so great your dogs get along with everyone so well. It's a lovely thing to see and with my people-fearing dog it's something I will never take for granted again. I am sure everyone loved having them around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wish to live on the east coast, but I do wish we had more family around to enjoy. Especially my little cousins because dogs and kids are the cutest! That's a bummer that Shiva is fearful, I experienced that with Shaka(my accidental foster) and it is hard to see your dog that way.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome hike

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete